Drone laws in the USA
You are in the United States of America on vacation and want to take great pictures with your drone? No problem, indeed, you should keep to the American laws. Otherwise it goes out to you like the media activist Tom Zebra from whom his DJI Quadcopter was taken from Hollywoodpolice, after he has filmed a US Navy ship. (here you find the video in addition)
First once the no-fly zones must be strictly kept which you find, for example, on Mapbox. Military areas, airport areas and other limited zones are absolutely taboo for your drone in the USA.
OTHER POINTS FOR THE USE OF YOUR DRONE IN THE USA ARE
You are allowed to do maximum 400 feet (=121 metres) high-level aviation and must keep away your drone always from other flying objects
- Always keep an eye on your drone
- You may not fly intentionally about unprotected people or moving vehicles
- You must always keep up to 25 feet (=8 metres) distance to people
- You should not fly during strong wind or bad weather
- It is forbidden to fly under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- You are not allowed to fly close to „sensitive infrastructure“, as for example to power stations
- Local laws of drone flights are to be followed
- With photographing do not injure the privacy of the citizens
- It is forbidden to film the buildings of police, military or government
From: 19.01.2016. All statements without guarantee.